A general-purpose high-level programming language that places an emphasis upon code readability. Python supports a number of development models, including object oriented, imperative, and functional design. It provides automatic memory management and a fully dynamic type system.
• very clear, readable syntax
• strong introspection capabilities
• intuitive object orientation
• natural expression of procedural code
• full modularity, supporting hierarchical packages
• exception-based error handling
• very high level dynamic data types
• extensive standard libraries and third party modules for virtually every task
• extensions and modules easily written in C, C++ (or Java for Jython, or .NET languages for IronPython)
• embeddable within applications as a scripting interface
A&H use case 1 description:
The “Inscriptions of Roman Cyrenaica (IRCyr)” has used Python to pre-process the files containing the Latin and Greek inscriptions of Roman Cyrenaica.